Market Recipe: Grilled Romaine with Corn Salad
Grilled Romaine and Corn Salad
Read more for the full recipe
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 cup pitted plums, sliced in half
- 1 fresno red chili, thinly sliced
- kosher salt
- 3 hearts of Romaine lettuce, sliced in half
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 ears of corn, shucked
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- kosher salt
- In a small pan, simmer together the red wine vinegar and sugar and cook for about 2 minutes until the sugar has dissolved.
- Combine the shallots, plums and chili slices in a bowl and pour the vinegar/sugar combination in. Cover with saran wrap and set aside.
- Preheat a grill to medium heat. Rub the cut side of the lettuce and the ears of corn with the olive oil. Sprinkle lightly with kosher salt.
- Grill the corn until cooked and lightly charred on each side. Pull the corn off the grill and set aside. Grill the lettuce briefly (less than a minute) until it just has grill marks and is lightly wilted on the grilled side.
- Arrange the grilled romaine hearts on a platter.
- Cut the corn off the cob and combine it with the pickled plum combo. Season to taste with kosher salt. Top the grilled romaine hearts with the pickled plum and corn combination and serve immediately.
Preparation time: 20 minute(s)
Cooking time: 10 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 6